Sunday 16 October 2011

Magical landscapes

This week we're looking at landscape photography. I love taking landscape shots but I know I've a lot to learn... here are a few of my favourite landscape shots by some incredible professional types:

Tom Nicholls took this at Harrop Tarn in the Lake District with a Sigma 10-20mm lens. I have this very lens! Sadly I am not Tom Nicholls... something to aspire to though

Michael Kenna grew up in Widnes and now lives in Seattle. His work is amazing and he has exhibited all over the world. I love this shot of the Manhattan skyline.


Richard Harris - 'A Day at the Beach' - Woolacombe, North Devon


Tomas Utsi - aurora borealis (the northern lights) - amazing

I'm a bit obsessed with the northern lights and although it's not photography-related I just wanted to share the following video. I can't stop watching it; it's magical:

2 comments:

Digital Literacy said...

Some lovely pictures here, I like the composition of the cityscape and the mushroom shot looks like they are the size of a house.

Kate Maxwell said...

I am also obsessed with aurora borealis. Stunning video :)