Sunday 27 November 2011

Colour me happy

This week's theme is colour. I'm a big fan of colour photography. I've been known to whinge at friends and family for obsessing over black and white shots and leaving their digital cameras on mono mode for weeks on end. I just don't get it. 

Don't get me wrong, I love a good black and white shot and one of my projects is going to be shot in mono, but with good reason... anyway, more about that later...

Here are some of my favourite photographs - old and new - which just wouldn't be the same without such fantastic splashes of colour...

India - I have never been surrounded by so much colour; just beautiful, everywhere you look

Indian saris; every single one is a work of art

I love the effect the flash has on this leaf

Double sunflower 
  
Stunning pink poppies in Paris shot with a very shallow depth of field, adding a fluffy softness to their petals

Colour is the heart and soul of a macaron; they have to look as amazing as they taste!

Red telephone boxes on Durham marketplace

No comments: